Thursday, July 30, 2009

Revisiting an article from Feb 2009

This article first ran on BleacherReport back on Feb 11th 2009. It was in response to being asked about who else I thought was on the 2003 steroid list.

When asked to write an article on the most likely guy in the major leagues
to be on the 103 person list of people who failed a 2003 steroid test, one
name popped into my head. I know this is going to sound like a bitter
Yankee fan, and I know it's against the rules to have a Red Sox player
named or tested for steroids, but this is my guy: David Ortiz.


Ortiz was basically a failure in baseball. Following a couple big homerun
years in the minors where he cranked out 30+ homeruns, Ortiz floundered in
Minnesota where he hit around 50 homeruns over his career. He was even
released by the Twins following the 2002 season. He was basically done in
baseball.


This is the article that I wrote back on 2/11/2009. It was following the
A-rod revelations. I was asked to write who I believe is the most likely to
be on the steroid list. My answer was David Ortiz. Today's NYTimes article
and Ortiz's poor play have confirmed this.

No comments:

Directory of Sports Blogs