Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Amazing All-Star Night (Early Morning)


So I think I have finally recovered from the longest All-Star game in history. Many people have compained about the length and the end time and I understand it but you know what? I loved every minute of it. I was there when the gates opened and was there when they closed. It was truly a great way to spend a day. I am still gathering my thoughts and how to fully express what I witnessed. It is tough to put into words about how I feel about yesterday. It was truly one of the best baseball experiences I have ever had, it is very close if not ahead of Game 7 2003. From touring Monument Park in a Stadium full of Legends the day started great.
The Intro's and Hall of Famers on the field were simply amazing. It was awesome to see all of the guys that I have heard stories and legends about like Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Juan Marichal, and Bob Gibson all on one field. And then to have them all joined by the best players in the game all on one field. It was the best collection of talent on one field that baseball has ever seen. It gave me goosebumps to see them all on the field. And then to see The Boss George Steinbrenner on the field and finally be given the thanks he deserves was truly remarkable. He deserves it all as us Yankee fans owe him a lot, he is building us a great new Stadium. It was another great moment at Yankee Stadium.
It was also special for Yankee fans to get to show their love and admiration for Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera, and a lesser extent for A-Rod. The love for A-Rod is a little different than the love for the other two, I have seen their whole careers in that Stadium and it was a great chance to say thanks. With all the chanting of Derek Jeter and Mariano it was an amazing time.
It is still tough to put into words the way the game played out. But I know each time both sides failed to score a run, even though I would complain about the time, I know that I never wanted to leave. I wouldnt complain if it ended at 4 AM. It was truly what the send off of Yankee Stadium should be. Memorable. And it truly was. Lets hope the last Yankee Stadium Moment is in October.

No comments:

Directory of Sports Blogs